CLUB RULES & ETIQUETTE
Members can use the courts whenever they are available (floodlights go off at 9.30pm). The club has an online court booking system to help members to book a court/view court availability. Courts 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 are locked for member use only, court 4 is open and free to use for non-members. Click here to book a court.
Rules and Court Etiquette
- Please attach club tags to laces of tennis shoes, which must be worn when playing on courts - the combination is changed to the new code on the last weekend of April each year.
- Please use courts with consideration to other players; in particular do not walk across the end of a court while a point is being played.
- Last player please remember to lower the nets and padlock the gates on leaving the courts.
- League and club matches have precedence over social tennis, except during club sessions.
- Court 4 - members have priority on weekday evenings after 6pm and weekends. Rothley villagers have the right to book this court during weekdays before 6pm.
- When courts are all in use players should complete one set only (max of 12 games and a tie break unless playing a club match) to allow members waiting to play.
- After 6pm, priority is given to senior players over juniors unless juniors are taking part in pre-arranged coaching sessions.
- During club sessions, members are free to make their own arrangements as to how many games players should complete and mixing in members depending on number of members wishing to play.
- During club sessions no juniors may play unless they have played for a senior team.